Our stewardship of the environment is formalised internally by our Environmental Policy. The character of the policy centres around positive, forward looking interaction as opposed to a stepping back or settling with today's repsonsibilities.
A summary of the detail is the following commitments.
Legislation and Best Practice
- Where possible to think and act beyond today's compliancy requirements.
- To have an environmentally sensitive mindset that is alert to opportunity and change.
Optimisation above Minimisation
- Positively optimise our interaction and activities, not just look to minimise our impact.
- An example would be to see our waste not merely as an output from us but as an input for something else.
Stewardship for Enhancement
- Responsibly steward to the mutual benefit of all stakeholders both the built and natural environment.
- Steward with a generational mindset, one that evaluates the long term implication of decision making.
Multi Stakeholder Engagement
- Cultivate an internal and external stakeholder culture that cares for the global not just local environment.
- Ensure staff are engaged with the vision and empowered to put it into practice in a fashion that matters to them as individuals.